Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I hate rude people!

I hate some of the rude people I meet in this area. At a drugstore I made an offhand comment to an old lady who was browsing the ice cream freezer that "finally the ice cream is on sale it used to be $3.99" and she nastily replied " I do not need a running commentary when buying ice cream". I was shocked at the reply and did not say respond even though my first thought was "who the fuck is this wrinkly hairy old crank." I may be new to this area but I know a hairy old crank when I see one.

That is the tough thing about moving to a new area like Mountain View. It is considered impolite to respond to nasty comments with one of your own. The police here seem pretty strict. In Baltimore I could have said a number of nasty things to that old crank and no one would think twice. The police wouldn't give a damn, and I would not even get any stares from those passing by.

I guess the freedom to express myself in whatever way I see fit is what I sort of miss about baltimore. In this area people are very P.C. Baltimore is more of a free for all where no one person is off limits (including the old cranks.)

A lesser man may be reluctant to open his mouth to people he does not know, but not me. I am still relatively new to this town and the only way I am gonna meet nice people is if I try to start a conversation (although next time i will avoid cranky old hags like that lady.) LOL

While this may not have much to do with www.myabuy.com, the more people I know here, the better my life will be as I build the web 2.0 site. Bye for now. XOXO

-Chief Myabuyer

No comments: