Sunday, December 7, 2008

Still cold and dealing with another doubter!

It is still pretty darn cold in Mountain View. Coming from the East Coast I am used to cold, but still. 

Also dealing with another doubter-a friend who suggested I find a job in the area and give up on my web 2.0 dream myabuy.com for now. I did not reply to his email but alas I do not agree with him. First I came to Mountain View for myabuy.com-that is it. Not for the weather-which is not as good as LA or Southern California. Not for the women-who are not remarkable either-and certainly not for the down home hospitality. I came to do business and make myabuy.com a success. 

I am starting to realize that social life in this area is not important. I can develop a nice one later. Making life long buddies in this area should not be a priority either- I have more then enough friends both in Southern California, on the East Coast and in pretty much all the major Asian powers or emerging superpowers. They are true friends-not business contacts, or casual buddies. 

Myabuy.com is shaping up pretty well. In a startup determination is a big factor-at least in my case. I have had more people tell me to give up on myabuy.com and get a 9-5 job then supporters. They seem to think that I have all the time in the world. Well I just turned 30, and me and my family have sacrificed a lot to help me get to this point-I am not going to settle for a 9-5 job.  Their sacrifices will not be in vain. 

It is my time for myabuy.com to shine-and prove to the doubters that myabuy.com is more then just a far fetched dream-it is the future of the web.

xoxo.

Chief Myabuyer


No comments: