Thursday, February 5, 2009

Why do some people have trouble spelling myabuy.com?!!

I had a weird conversation with a lady in Mountain View when discussing my site myabuy.com. She misspelled the word myabuy by leaving out the letter "u". I wonder who in their right mind would name a site myaby? I mean there are some funny site names out there but myaby? That does not make sense. I fear that others will be just as silly and type myaby in the URL. I have no idea what myaby is but it is not affiliated with myabuy.com.  

That is a really annoying thing I am discovering on the web-domain squatters buying up names that sound similar to the real thing but with one or two mistyped letters-so when people type the name in URL even an accidental typo takes you to some domain parking POS garbage site that you would never choose to visit in a million years.

That is why the days of Adwords and sponsored search may be numbered. Because that sort of garbage is easy to do with adwords-buy a similar but slightly different domain name and direct all the users looking for the real site to the POS domain parking garbage one.

 Search engines make money off it, but us users end up cussing to ourselves asking why the f**k did I get directed to the POS domain parking garbage site. 

How does this make my life easier as a Internet user and consumer. It does not. The Internet was not meant to consist of POS domain parking garbage sites. No one benefits from the Internet becoming a wasteland for the domain parkers-who contribute nothing to the web except enriching the Adwords owners and the motley bottom feeders that are the domain parkers. Those that offer nothing of substance-call me old fashioned but if you have NOTHING To contribute online, don't waste my time setting up POS domain parking sites. 

I hate to think that the web is being clogged up by domain parking POS sites designed to confuse the hell out of any Internet user whose finger slips and is directed to a POS domain parking site. 

People and companies that own and profit off of domain parking are f%&king losers who deserve to have their website shut down-or at least incur fines for trying to screw Internet Users over. 

Now that I gave my 2 cents I await any comments-if anyone actually likes POS domain parking and thinks they benefit Internet Users feel free to send a rebuttal-I can always use fodder for my next blog post:)


Chief Myabuyer

No comments: